Sep 29, 2008

Dedication Service for the Chi Alpha Student Center


In June I reported that a missions team from Carbondale, Illinois saw 4 people received salvation. I found out later that it was 7. That’s miraculous for Japan and demonstrates spiritual hunger in people’s hearts. As I ride the train and pass thousands of people in the stations, I’m always praying and asking God, “How do we introduce 126 million unreached people to Jesus Christ?”

God has provided a tool to help us reach young people. Remodeling of the Chi Alpha Student Center was finished at the end of May. Since then we cleaned, shopped for chairs, tables, sound equipment, musical instruments; and planned. On September 20 we held the dedication service.

We had a wonderful time and over 70 pastors, students, and friends came to help celebrate and dedicate the building to God! The Japan A/G General Superintendent, Samuel Uchimura Sensei, did the dedication ceremony and Makoto Hosoi Sensei, the guarantor for the building, was the emcee. Even though a typhoon was headed for Tokyo and heavy rain was predicted, God sent it out into the ocean and instead we had the bluest skies! Photos have been uploaded to the English website under Photo Gallery.

Our ministry team is so appreciative of all those who volunteered their time, talents, and help to make the student center a reality.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
My name is Amanda Fosburg. I am a Chi Alpha student in Oklahoma, USA. I am the missions and isfm student committee leader and I have a call on my life for JAPAN! I tried to contact someone via the XAJapan english site about the summer program. I am very interested in getting involved with XA Japan as soon as possible.
God bless your ministry!

Arigato-gozaimasu!
Amanda Fosburg
fosburg@nsuok.edu